Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Over the years, I have rarely listened to NPR. So, I missed the glory days with Bob Edwards in the morning. But, I must say, I find myself drifting more and more to his XM show and he's got some interesting topics.

Yesterday, he interviewed an author who wrote a book on the history of the lie detector. I thought it cool that that guy played himself in the movie "Call Northside 777" with Jimmy Stewart. Well, he played himself testing a guy, it's not like he was the star or anything.

Meal of Links

The Webby Awards nominees for 2007 are announced. Good opportunity to visit some sites you may not be familiar with. And, of course, winner's speeches are limited to five words.

I haven't watched Don Imus much lately, but this is not the first time he's said something not very nice. I recall several years ago when people really got on him for having whites imitate black voices. As a strange mea culpa, all of a sudden Clarence Page is doing a guest spot and he brought on the two guys who did "Snaps" for a time. Then he went back to his regular shtick. Why this comment at this time got him into hot water, I have no idea. I imagine the show gets dialed down a bit for a time after he serves the suspension.

Could Tom Hanks bank $110 million for "Angels and Demons"? Hopefully, he has better hair in this one. Keep 12/19/2008 open for the debut.

Exercise Yard

A reminder that, yes, Roger Clemens may have been on Performance Enhancing Drugs. It is amazing Bonds gets all the heat, but Roger escapes with minimal scrutiny. No question, it's a black-white, slugger-pitcher issue. I don't know how many people insist a pitcher can't take steroids. Idiots.

Visitor

29 Across: Journalist Nellie (3 letters) Answer: Bly

No comments: