Monday, April 09, 2007

Is anyone else mystified at the bad box office of "Grindhouse"? Let's see, take a rare genre with lots of violent, misogynistic behavior, make it last over three hours, then wonder why it doesn't play well.

Boyfriend replaces girlfriend's artificial leg with a machine gun. Admittedly, that looked pretty cool, but that was what I got from the trailer. That's the price the studio pays for allowing Rodriguez and Tarantino to do what they want.

Meal of Links

We are Number 59. The World's Top 100 Most Livable Cities are revealed and we are in the Top 60. Suck on that, Hong Kong.

Andy Richter gets hosed again! Unbelievable. Unlike Sally Field, I guess people really don't like him. He has a cameo in "Blades of Glory" though to keep him happy, I guess.

Speaking of TV work stoppages, here are 13 shows that should have never been cancelled. I didn't watch all of these, but some, oh boy, were they good. Of course, I am a huge fan of (duh!) "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" and I'm glad HDNet is running these again. "Dead Like Me" is the only time outside of "Princess Bride" I think I've liked Mandy Patinkin. "Brisco County" was very good because of Bruce Campbell. Last, but not least, is "Arrested Development" which still makes me laugh out loud.

Exercise Yard

Before we bash MLB and rightfully so I might add, on the Indians-Angels series moving to Milwaukee, let's hear what the Tribe brass has to say. It seems to me they did not fight to keep the series here, instead opting to have the games played anywhere just so they are played. I think the Indians are hiding behind the cloak of MLB, because it is abhorrent to think they would give up home games so easily because of weak, ineffective ownership.

The Angels deserve blame as well for not switching the May series played here, because they would have to fly to Boston after a Thursday night home game. So, everyone suffers. What could attendance be at these Milwaukee games, a couple of thousand?

And the Tribe's front office must take the blame for totally botching snow removal. Call the Browns and ask how they do it. We still have snow on the ground, but it has been melting since Sunday afternoon and I think the field would be ready for a Tuesday night game with professionals removing the snow. I don't want to hear fan comfort and player safety issues mentioned as reasons for the move, because where was that reasoning last Friday? Can you tell I had tickets for Tuesday's game?

Visitor

49 Across: "The Mountain, New Mexico" artist (14 letters) Answer: Georgia O'Keeffe

No comments: