Sunday, March 25, 2007

I was running around like a madman today. It was a good day to prep the lawn for spring, so I did that this a.m,, because I had to go to a wake this afternoon. Nice day for a wake. Anyhow, one of my errands was at Walgreen's, where it appeared a driver ran off the road and struck one of their light poles. Who knows if he was drunk, but he did major damage to the car and the pole.

Then I ran over to Giant Eagle, where a blind woman was shopping with her family, I guess. She also had a dog, which was the first thing I noticed cruising my cart down the freezer aisle. Then I heard they were playing that old Bob Welch tune, "Ebony Eyes". I was singing along and I realized I this part was coming up:

"Your eyes got me dreaming
Your eyes got me blind..."

I didn't sing, but was that bad timing? The other part I found mildly entertaining, was that they let the blind lady pick out bags of frozen food. I don't know, could you notice the subtle weight differences being blind? Perhaps she insists on doing that and maybe she is not doing it for that reason, but it seemed odd that her cohorts wouldn't just grab a bag and toss it in the cart.

It's a curse, I notice these things.

Meal of Links

Looks like Jaws gets the "Monday Night Football" gig. Theismann is out.

Creep alert! It's a "Purity Ball". Doesn't surprise me this country is fucked up.

No wonder I saw a poll where Giuliani was whipping McCain. I like McCain, but this answer is a tad scary. Maybe, he's suffering from "Purity Balls".

Exercise Yard

Was anyone else fired up by Tiger Woods after he won at Doral today. When asked how he felt about his game heading into the Masters, his reply was, "Very pleased." Game on!

I had three of the Final Four participants: Georgetown, UCLA, Florida.

Visitor

None, it's a beautiful Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The NCAA pool I entered uses an archaeic scoring system 1 point for round 1, then 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 for the championship. I am interested to know if this is the format your pool plays. Of course, the goal is to correctly pick the winner in 63 games. I learned of a format where each round has the same weight. So the points per round go 1,2,4,8,16 and 32 for picking the tourney champion. I will now be looking for the latter format next year, as my correct wins per round were 20/32, 10/16, 6/8 and 4/4. If Florida beats OSU in the championship, I will have the last two rounds perfect. So I didn't pick an upset correctly, but I finish strong. And it looks like "Wait til next year" for another Cleveland fan.

Anonymous said...

Definitely, it's the 1-2-4-8-16-32 method. Cannot stand someone winning by not even choosing some of the Final Four participants.