Monday, March 26, 2007

Have we run out of ideas in every phase of entertainment? The Proclaimers, yes, The Proclaimers, are at the top of the charts this time around. If I could walk 500 miles, I'd be in Illinois, I think.

With all of the new music out there, yuck! Modest Mouse with "Dashboard" and the Kaiser Chiefs with "Ruby" are two newer tunes I hear quite a bit. BTW, Coachella is getting closer.

Meal of Links

Pee-wee Herman, the last celebrity to be punished significantly, before simple fake apologies and rehab became the rage, gets more roles. I saw him on a "Raymond" rerun a while ago, and he was damn funny as a comic book dude.

You just knew Bowie was gonna have Arcade Fire at the Gotham Festival. Ricky Gervais, too.

I would be remiss without recommending "This American Life" on Showtime. It's a half-hour program from Ira Glass of NPR. I don't listen to NPR, but the TV version's first episode hooked me. It's online, as well.

Exercise Yard

In case you have not seen Peyton Manning for United Way:



Visitor

20 Across: "The Raven" poet (3 letters) Answer: Poe

No comments: