Saturday, March 24, 2007

I am fighting a bad sore throat still, but I started the day with a need to some banking. Hey, my branch must have been robbed today. It had the old "Temporarily Closed" sign on the door and two police cruisers on the scene. Yup, I'd say it got nicked.

I wandered over to Ridge Park to see "Premonition" today. I had a "Premonition" this would be bad, and it didn't disappoint. This is the movie where "Jim dies." I need to get some audio of the scene where they talk about how great Jim is. Too bad, it was at his funeral. They also had the now ubiquitous shot of Sandra Bullock walking away from the camera, so we could see her butt. I think it's confirmed, she's carrying a load back there. And I like Sandra Bullock, but she probably needs to be involved in the editing of these scenes.

Uh, this movie was kinda stupid. Maybe not kinda, it was stupid. I know this did decent box office, but there were only 10 of us there this afternoon. And I had some Junior Mints, BTW. The premise was some sort of a weird Groundhog Day. Not that the days kept repeating, but that they were out of order. The lesson I learned from all of this is that if happens to you, by all means, tell someone. You'd think you could convince someone to stay with you and if you wake up and they are not there, you have some proof that weird shit is happening. Peter Stormare took time out from "pimping zee auto" and uttered a funny line, at least to me, "There seems to be some inconsistencies."

Meal of Links

Here are some great historical myths. What, Sir Walter Raleigh did NOT introduce tobacco to England? Bob Newhart thinks so.

Speaking of pimping. How to "Pimp zee office".

Let's take a look at drugs and toxicity. Hey, alcohol is pretty high up on that toxic list, mister.

Exercise Yard

After last night's NCAA games, it looks like the pool winners are gonna be the folks who don't watch many games. Even if you took a chance on as few as three teams this year (like yours truly), you got hosed. Too many 1's vs. 2's.

Last night's winners for me: Florida, Georgetown (2 for 4) (On life support)

Today's winner was UCLA.

Today's results.

Visitor

26 Down: Eponymous seismologist Charles (7 letters) Answer: Richter

No comments: