Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I fell asleep in "The Dream Chamber" (my couch) and had the oddest dream that co-starred Scarlett Johansson that I'm still trying to decipher. First of all, everyone had their clothes on. But I was trying to find my seat location in this monstrous arena. It was in Section 1004, but the way the arena was built, I couldn't find the section.

The sections from 1009-1018 were hidden. So, I would go to 1008, then the next section was 1019. And, I could not figure out what the hell was going on. So, I stopped at a concession stand, bought a Pibb (a real Pibb and definitely not a mojito), and realized that there was this hallway that led to those missing sections. Sort of like finding a hallway in "Being John Malkovich". Just as I was ready to go there, Scarlett walks over. She knows me, I know her, so we start chatting until it was time for the event. Then I woke up. Hell, it could have been a Joel Osteen revival or something, but I have no idea where it was. The REM was in overdrive and it was really bizarre.

Meal of Links

Some behind-the-scenes thoughts from the executive producer of "Lost". Still have not seen one episode.

The Top 10 flops from Apple. Hard to think about now, but a trip down memory lane to some items that didn't make it. I recall the Lisa was unbelievably expensive for its time (but I think I saw one in a Rickie Lee Jones video back then) and I actually forgot about Pippin! And the Newton, of course.

Whoo hoo, another boxing movie. I feel I must support boxing any way I can, so I actually pay to see any movie that has boxing in it. Even that Meg Ryan disaster, "Against the Ropes", filmed partially here in town. I even watched "The Harder They Fall" on Turner the other day.

Exercise Yard

Switching to the Women's Final Four for a second. Has anyone noticed the downright disastrous attendance totals at the Regional Finals. I used to have a difficult time with these games played at campus sites, but if that's the only way people show up, they need to move back there.

Visitor

8 Down: Brewer Coors (6 letters) Answer: Adolph

No comments: