Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I watched a good deal of the Golden Globes last night. Forest Whitaker is a helluva actor, but somebody write him a goddamn speech. I hear that's the THIRD time he's stumbled through an acceptance speech in the last month. The "Dreamgirls" Idol chick was fairly calculated in her acceptance, as well. Again, that was not her first award on this year's circuit.

Hugh Laurie, very funny. Sacha Baron Cohen, really funny. Eddie Murphy, rather reserved.

Does Dustin Hoffman now have to act drunk after he was drunk that one time?

Prince gets stuck in traffic? Lets hope he makes it to the Super Bowl.

Salma and her Hayeks were there, so was Penelope Cruz, but Jessica Biel and Katherine Heigl deserve a huge, "Hey, now!".



















Alec Baldwin made a funny face when they introduced Ahnold. Hah!

Meal of Links

There is something about getting a daily newspaper delivered to your door. But it's gonna go the way of the milkman soon.

A pretty neat album cover quiz. Yes, these are albums. And I did get Blue Oyster Cult. Lots of British bands here. I gave up pretty quickly. Damn that King Crimson title.

Jenna Jameson wants Scarlett Johansson to play her in the movies. No complaints here.

Exercise Yard

Tom Brady breaks up with one hot chick and now Gisele Bundchen is in the mix.

Every time I hear about Brady, I think of "Lucky Guy" by Todd Rundgren:

"Some people don't seem real at all
Unafraid of any mountain
Sure that the gods won't let him fall
Should he fall, he will always get up again

If he's hurt, he never shows it
If he's wrong, nobody knows it
Seems like he never has to try
He just must be a lucky guy

And when there's pain, he never minds it
When it's lost, he always finds it
Nobody really knows just why
He just must be a lucky guy
I wish I was that lucky guy"

Visitor

26 Down: Hackman of Hollywood (4 letters) Answer: Gene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got 13 albums correct .Some were too dark to tell what they were.I thought I did well by getting Let It Bleed by the Stones----JMK