Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I confess, I don't know much about the grocery business. I stumble in there, grab a cart, put stuff in the cart, and then pay for the stuff and leave. Oh, there's many annoyances during those tasks, but that's pretty much the process. So, I read today that California citrus prices are probably going to double or triple this week, because of the freeze out there. Hell, even Malibu froze.

But I said to myself, "Self, what about Florida citrus?" Then I come to find out most of the oranges in Florida go to the orange juice trade, and conveniently enough, Florida had a shortage this year, so they can't help. I like oranges, but I'm not gonna pay $1.50 per orange or some outrageous price. And I just started buying them a couple weeks ago.

I may have to rob Fran Drescher. You know, she has that "Nanny" money.

Meal of Links

Don't know if this is good news, but Lamps get to call the boxing this weekend. You may remember he hit his girlfriend while high during the holidays. Publicist says he doesn't fight, he calls fights. Here we go.

It's an interview with Steve Buscemi. "The words "too fucking busy" shouldn't be in a waitress's vocabulary."

Could this be the cure for cancer? Big Pharma can't make money off it, so probably not.

Exercise Yard

The Sports Guy verbally fellates the Phoenix Suns. It's a good read, because if you watch one NBA Game this year, make it a Pahonix game.

Visitor

3 Down: Astrologer Sydney (5 letters) Answer: Omarr

No comments: