Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I have a 1978 Elvis Costello Winterland concert from Wolfgang's Vault playing right now. "Welcome to the Last Foxtrot!"...that's a funny man.

BTW, "Guitar World" recently came up with the 100 Greatest Guitar Solos. Here are videos of the Top 20. I particularly liked the "Highway Star" clip. Every time I hear Wolfmother these days, I think of these guys.

Meal of Links

It's relatively new, but I find The Politico has some promise for Capitol Hill coverage. BTW, Senator Biden had a very funny line during the Foreign Relations Committee hearings today. Senator Boxer misspoke and called him "Mr. President" instead of "Mr. Chairman". She apologized then said, "I'd thought you'd like that." Biden replied, "Did you notice 9 heads turned when you said that?"

They had a Paul Reubens tribute the other night. You gotta admit, "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" was a pretty cool show.

Kitchen tips. Neat things you'll forget to do.

Exercise Yard

The NHL had their All-Star Game tonight. First time in three years. I found this out, I think, yesterday. Never a big deal, but at least you knew when it was coming up.

Visitor

37 Across: Ed Harris's "Nixon" role (11 letters) Answer: E. Howard Hunt (That's timing!)

No comments: