Monday, September 18, 2006

Sometimes as I'm stumbling through the dial, I come upon something that fascinates me and I cannot shut it off. Like that watchmaking program I saw several months back. Tonight, I watched this doc on Sundance called, "10th District Court".

They focused on this French judge as she heard cases in her court. It also gives you a primer in how the courts work over there. I couldn't imagine what would happen in our courts if your defense attorney kept agreeing with the other side. You'd be doing a lot of "Hey...hey, hey, hey...you're on my side, remember?"

Some may find it dull, but since I had to read the movie (subtitles), it hooked me.

Meal of Links

Iconoclasts looks like it has another good season coming up next month. Lots of good guests: Tarantino, Vedder, Chappelle.

The White Stripes landed on "The Simpsons". Bart drumming to "The Hardest Button to Button" is quite trippy. "Sorry, White Stripes!"

Are things this bad for the US auto industry? GM actually held talks about a possible merger with Ford.

Exercise Yard

Hey, where's the latest soccer scandal? Looks like: The Premiership.

Visitor

33 Across: Rene of "Ransom" (5 letters) Answer: Russo (Gimme back my son!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the quote from Mel, "Give me back my son, you Jew!" ?