Sunday, September 17, 2006

Thanks to Co-Conspirator for the invite to the Autumnal on Saturday. Didn't even sing "Au-tum-nal for ya" like Boy George, which pleased everyone. Good food and I think I had a beer or two or eight. I'm trying to remember certain things. Definitely had the chaperone hat on. I think the oldest guy I saw was the padre who was tending to a christening at the neighbors, so he didn't count.

I seem to recall a conversation about camping, but I like a couple of things you may have heard of, electricity and shower facilities. I'm pretty "city-fied". BTW, do I have to buy a Steve Irwin outfit or something to go camping? Crikey. OK, that might be a dark suit these days, but I mean something he wore when he could fog a mirror. Hell, I had to use Off yesterday and we were only in Strongsville. So, the sober excuses can start now. I even have Uncle Joe on call to make pierogis the entire month of October, just in case. Hey, I know he's only days removed from the infirmary, but if your Dad can't help ya in a time of need, where do you turn?

Meal of Links

I lost my Mooch. OK, when I stumbled home after 1:00 on Saturday night, I must have had camping on my mind, so with a tip of the hat to Ben Franklin, I turned on the TV to see what was on. Watched some college football highlights and then turned on the NFL Network. Only to find that Time Warner finally deleted the channel. The horror, the horror! "Drunk, half naked, and lack of NFL Network is no way to go through life, son." The details.

Bob Dylan likes Alicia Keys. And Derek Jeter.

Male Restroom Etiquette

You've heard about the rules. Here is a video demonstration.



Exercise Yard

Big ups to Paul for bloodies, brats and the Browns today. What's that song, "Two out of three ain't bad"? I am now getting Grandpa Syndrome during these games and it's frightening. The Browns only waited 3 minutes to give up a touchdown today. I find myself yelling at the TV things like "What the fuck was that?" or "What the hell is he doing?" or "Stay off my grass." and they are playing so poorly, I get to repeat that a lot. As I'm driving home after the game, I start this mantra. "Next week, it's Baltimore. Three weeks in and it's the fuckin' season already." And then when I got home, I think I broke my toe, by kicking my imaginary dog. I mean, the Christmas catalogs haven't arrived yet and we could be done.

Gems from today. No running attack. And I swear my tombstone will read, "They still can't stop the fuckin' run up the middle." OK, someone paste a label with that on it because of the expense. We didn't even look at Winslow until the second quarter. McGinest can't lead if his ass is on the bench, but maybe he'd like to be part of the team, like stand up once in a while and show some interest. Buy him a foam finger, if need be. Defense gave up 481 yards. Ted Washington is fat. That's not a news flash, but the Bengals had two subs on the offensive line and now Ted looks old as well, as he was handled by one guy today. We didn't even blitz until the second quarter.

I like Chad Johnson, but man did he get drilled by Brian Russell late. Good Chicken Dance though. Hard to choose between Bengals looking good and Browns sucking. I think both are pretty accurate. Very difficult to see any improvement today. If someone tells you that they located some, it's bullshit.

Seriously, I must like the pain, as I was reminded of my penchant for attending Indians games in September when they've been done since May, Browns anytime and CSU basketball in the winter. Absolute torture...but I'm back the next day. Can you tell the Browns lost, 34-17?

Visitor

None, it was a Browns Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I received my LL Bean Christmas catalogue on Saturday. The Browns are right on schedule.