Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Went to the Regal Beagle in Middleburg Heights last night to see "Superman Returns". Hey, it was Free Popcorn Tuesday and it beat waiting around for "Little Man". It was the 10:00 show and Gale and I sat in the lower section. That meant we got to wear our chaperone hats because the crowd was really young. We didn't have to use that authority, but we were ready.

The movie was pretty good. I liked it since there were enough pauses in the dialogue, I could easily splice in my own comments. I think my best one was when a boat was about to capsize and break in half and Lois, her son and live-in had to swim for their lives. I said, "I didn't know Kurt Russell was gonna die in this one."

The new Supe was good. Lois had big feet and smoked. I liked Kevin Spacey, who was channeling his "Swimming With Sharks" character. Jimmy Olsen got on my nerves. Parker Posey was a non-entity. Overall, it was pretty good.

Meal of Links

Michael Jackson fired his business managers. My sense is he found an advisor who can keep him from bankruptcy.

All of a sudden, this year's shark attack stories are second-hand smoke stories. I'm a non-smoker who is actually for smoker's rights. Then again, I'm in too many places that serve alcohol. Admittedly, smoke-free joints are neat, but I won't patronize a place on the basis of smoking or non.

Did Ohio really have a chance at the new Honda plant? Maybe we need gambling in this state.

World Cup Photo of the Day















The caption actually read: "Brazil always brings in the biggest fans."

Exercise Yard

Tonight is a night I will weep. In HD. Why? Because it's the NBA Draft. Every year they draft some foreign guy who's poorer than dirt and then he hits the lotto. It gets me every time. The American Dream.

Visitor

6 Down: Page of music (6 letters) Answer: Patti

No comments: