Thursday, May 25, 2006

We actually had rain accompanied by thunder and lightning today. Must be summer. I was looking through the calendar of events in the various local publications today and it's amazing how quickly the dates fill up. I have at least 4 concerts scheduled, the soon-to-be-released great movie with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves in it (and guess who's going to that one with me?), Burning River Fest at a new location this year, another lunch from the student chefs at ICASI, Indians games and on and on. Always a great time of year.

Side note: It's around 11:00 p.m. and someone is currently doing roofing work by me. Cue "In The City" by Joe Walsh.

Meal of Links

Speaking of summer, it's time for the World Cup next month. Cannot go to Parnell's Pub anymore after the great Euro 2004 ripoff. But the Old Angle had their advert for all games in the local weeklies, as well. Watching soccer is not boring...beer is involved.

As I was listening to Radiohead today, do not forget WBWC, 88.3. The Summer Marathon Schedule. Blondie is up next.

The aforementioned Burning River Fest. Mmmm....beer. Gale and I had major fun here last year.

Exercise Yard

The Big House gets a major renovation. It was one of the most forward-thinking stadiums of its time, but gotta cram more people in there.

Visitor

16 Across: He follows the news (4 letters) Answer: Leno

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In response to your blog, I would just like to let you know that Setanta sports channel has exclusive rights to the Euro finals.. in order for me to get any games it cost $500 per game out of my pocket so you and your friends can see the game. Setanta sports force me and all bars to charge a cover of $20 per game, per person. Just like a boxing, or wrestling pay-per-view event.

In response to your comment of the Euro 2004 being a "ripoff" I would like to tell you that I am not in the business of ripping people off, as you probably know I do not show anymore pay-per-view soccer events because of the abuse I took from charging the $20 cover you are complaining about. If you really want to complain to someone, complain to Setanta Sports Pub channel.. they can be found at www.setanta.com.

I would like you to know that any soccer/rugby/australian/gaelic games that are on regular channels are shown and the pub actually opens earlier sometimes to accomodate those fans. For the 2002 World Cup we were even open at 5am to allow fans to watch their teams on ESPN, which as you know is not a pay-per-view event so there was no cover charge.

Owner/Operator: Declan Synnott