Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Today was Ohio Primary Day. I always vote and today was special, because it was the first time I was able to use the dreaded Diebold machine. First of all, Jimmy Carter's mother was still handling my sign-in book. My God, that woman must be 98 by now. Her age is still more than her three co-workers combined. Obviously with the machines in use, the need for older folks who sit there, drink coffee, and eat donuts has waned a bit. Of course, I still have to show here where my name is in the book, as she stumbles through every page execpt the one I'm on. As soon as she finds it, I say "Right there." and point to it. Every goddamn election.

I thought the machines were great as I got through my votes pretty quickly. Sure, there could be fraud, although it would be of the hacking variety, I guess. All in all, I liked the process. Screen size was good, graphics clear, directions AOK. The only problem I had was that the screens were elevated, so I could clearly see what the people in front of me were selecting. If I'm writing in "Mickey Mouse", that could be a problem.

Meal of Links

I've tried lots of Ken's Salad Dressings. The newest one is Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger and Soy. A bit salty, but I like it a lot.

AMC Theatres announced that part of their chain will become AMC Select. That brand will have screens set aside for Indie films. Having said that, odds are the AMC at Richmond Mall (yes, they took over Loew's a while back) will be the local site. Let's see if that's true.

Katie Holmes is already slimming down. Tom Cruise will probably have a weigh-in instead of a rehearsal dinner before the wedding.

Exercise Yard

Last week's PGA Tour stop was in Nawlins. The adventures of the winner of the event, Chris Couch, show that the city might be back to normal.

Visitor

47 Across: Anderson on "Baywatch" (6 letters) Answer: Pamela

No comments: