Wednesday, April 12, 2006

















Cheney guns one in there at yesterday's Nationals game.

I was taken aback by the trailer for "United 93". It's not that I have a problem with the content, as I did watch the docudrama that was on A&E or Discovery several months back. I guess I'm leery of someone trying to make money from this story. Even with cooperation of the families and the idea of a story that must be told (or however the publicity machine puts it), I think it's a blatant attempt to cash in.

And Hollywood is not in the business of making movies for fun or for noble causes (Hell, "Munich" should have been better), so they obviously think enough time (Five years. "...enough time has passed to allow contemporary filmmakers to interpret the day's events" or some such hooey) has passed and they are rolling the dice. I think I'll pass.

Meal of Links

I was dumbfounded to see that it was Cheeta's birthday the other day. Yes, that Cheeta. He's 74, a diabetic, and lives in Palm Springs. Just like any other retired actor.

Proof got shot. He died. The old "escalating argument leads to a shooting of a rapper" thing.

Rival midget Kiss tribute bands are feuding. No wonder they hate us.

Exercise Yard

Wayne Rooney must have seen "Lost in America". Because his gambling debt has reached 700,000 pounds. "As the boldest experiment in advertising history, you give us our money back."

Visitor

20 Across: Speedskater Heiden (4 letters) Answer: Eric

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an official member of the fashion police, whassup with Dick's jacket zipped up to his adam's apple? Theory is that he was wearing a bullet proof vest. Hmmm he gets a vest and baseball jacket while the troops get to buy their own. I bet that lawyer in TX wished he had a bullet proof face mask.