Thursday, March 02, 2006

So, I'm listening to Frank's Place on XM on the drive home today. Of course, they are playing Sinatra and it's "Come Fly With Me". Then the DJ comes on, and he reminds me of Floyd the Barber. It's like he says, "...and next it's Nan-Nan-Nancy Wilson with "You've Changed".

Have you heard "You've Changed" recently? No doubt, it is a great tune, but I had forgotten how brutal this song was. I felt like I should be at the local gin mill about 2:15, finishing my last Manhattan of the evening, while taking a long drag on a Lucky. I mean lyrics like "Your kisses now are so blase, You're bored with me in every way." Omigod, where's the bridge abutment I should be driving into. And Ms. Wilson is quite the singer for that tune, as well.

Thank God, they played some Ella and then Artie Shaw was on with "Deep Purple". Made me wonder if Deep Purple ever had a song called "Artie Shaw".

Meal of Links

There is a Brokeback Pez item for sale on eBay. With audio. Note the logo change.

AK-47's wife allows him one free night per year with another woman. Utah has affected her sanity.

I finally got to see Prince's set at the British Music Awards a couple of weeks after the fact. Pretty good deal, as he had Wendy and Lisa with him and Sheila E., too. I wonder where Matt Fink and Bobby Z. were? It sounds like he's touring again.

Exercise Yard

The NFL puts off financial suicide for a few days. Next time you hear removal of a salary cap is a good thing, punch that person. It will lead to higher ticket prices. Without question, that will occur. You think Randy Lerner's paying all that extra salary out of his pockets? He probably won't choose to spend it, and he'd be lumped together with Dolan.

Visitor

36 Across: First name in soul (6 letters) Answer: Aretha

1 comment:

jhbmw007 said...

The brokeback PEZ are back you bitches! And be sure to check out my cartoon rendition of the CBS Radio interview I did:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6611239206