Sunday, March 12, 2006

For me, it's the best time of the year, because it's March Madness. Nice job by Billy Packer noting an 8-9 matchup before that bracket was announced. And what was with Gonzaga practically yawning that they had a three seed? I saw the one kid start clapping and then he realized no one was joining in, ha ha. As usual, some teams were left out that probably should not have been (UC and Hofstra come to mind).

Thank goodness, six teams from the Missouri Valley did not make it. Not that it isn't a a good conference, because it is. I get tired of only one team from the MAC making it every year. I'm biased, but I think that the MAC is just as good as the MVC.

Looks like Duke has an easy track to the Final Four, regardless of what Jay Bias (he says Davidson can beat OSU...huh? Coach Matta has been on the other side with Butler and X, no way they don't win that game.) says. I think Memphis will be the first No. 1 seed to go down. The problem with liking teams too much (BC, Villanova and Pitt, for example) always clouds my thinking. I think Pitt under Dixon is the toughest team every year, they really play hard. It's just that they have potential to go long stretches without making any baskets. Villanova poses too much of a matchup problem for a lot of teams. BC has a veteran team that plays hard, as well.

Meal of Links

Hey, Bishop Pilla, where's our dispensation? Of course, if this was discussed at Mass today...never mind.

An interview with the Rock Hall's curator. I'm hoping the Sex Pistols do show up at the induction to shake things up a bit.

Bike Week breaks a record. For deaths.

I'm not sure I would want to sit on a jury and convict a Gotti. Great note: "We want to leave--ASAP."

Exercise Yard

The hero of USA-Japan is...(gulp)...A-Rod? Looking skyward for pigs.

Visitor

None, it's Selection Sunday.

No comments: