Saturday, March 11, 2006

I sit here lamenting the fact that I just cannot get the Sudoku. I know how to do it. Yes, I know it's logic and the process of elimination. Nevertheless, it infuriates me that I can't get it. I do much better at the crossword and the forgotten child of puzzledom, the Jumble.

Man, I breezed through that one today in about 30 seconds. Even the crossword played into my hands quite nicely this morning. Cannot start a Saturday without finishing that one.

Meal of Links

It certainly doesn't look like Bettie Page is going anywhere soon. No present day photo, much like many of the obits in the PD.

I can't recommend listening to Harry Shearer on "le show" enough. He makes me laugh every week. Now it's Cheney saying, "Harry, I had no idea you were there." from the Brit Hume interview. Podcasts available on iTunes (sans complete musical interludes) and KCRW and Audible.com.

Salmon fishing in the Northwest might be curtailed or stopped early. It seems to be a result of a combination of declining population and poor water management.

Exercise Yard

The Browns get out off the blocks quickly on free agency. Looks like quality pickups in Bentley, Shaffer and Jurevicius. That's two that I wanted. Thus far, I am very pleased.

Visitor

59 Across: '90s runner (9 letters) Answer: Ross Perot

No comments: