Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I watched "Love Monkey" last night. It's kind of like "Ed", a show I gave up on way early, except "Ed" is now in NYC. Some comments are that it's a male "Sex and the City", a show I never watched, but I don't think so. It has more of a "High Fidelity" feel to it. But "Ed's" friends are clearly doofuses. The show should dump them. Except for Judy Greer (the wacky assistant from "Arrested Development"), who is so cute, I wanna make cheesecake with her. She's very good.

Since "Ed" works in the music industry, they go overboard on the hip musical references. You know, like visiting CBGB, the real name of Sid Vicious, etc. Although I did hear the Talking Heads song, "Thank You for Sending Me an Angel" on the soundtrack, which automatically brings it up a notch or two. The great Eric Bogosian stopped in for the first episode as a mogul, and my guess is that it was a one-shot deal. They should find a way to bring him back. Or make a series about his character. Although not a great show, it's more of a pleasant CBS diversion from all the crime shows on the network. I'll stick with this a bit longer, mainly because of Judy Greer.

Meal of Links

Chicago frets about the hot dog. Sara Lee is gonna make a frozen hot dog. Lemme tell ya, if you can't take the time to make a hot dog the conventional way, you are a tool.

Reese Weatherspoon visits the Chanel Bargain Basement. Kirsten Dunst thought that dress looked familiar.



















Kate Beckinsale does NOT have a fat ass.

Exercise Yard

Jerry Bailey will retire and go to work for ABC/ESPN. This man won me some bucks over the years. Still the best turf rider in America.

Visitor

20 Across: "The NewsHour" anchorman (6 letters) Answer: Lehrer

No comments: