Sunday, January 08, 2006

I came out of my NFL spider hole this morning just long enough to get a speeding ticket. Of course, it's at a spot that I have always driven fast...the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge. In fact, I was not paying attention and had started slowing down, when I got to the crest of the bridge. The Polizei was coming in the opposite direction and my thought bubble read, "If he has his radar on, I'm cooked." Sure enough, he did a U-turn and I knew I was doomed.

Oh, the officer was extremely nice about it and then quickly zoomed off to nab another guy. Crap.

Meal of Links

When you watch football all weekend, you watch commercials. Lots of commercials. There were a few that stood out:

The NFL Network continues to crank out quality ads. The one out now with, "Get your excuses ready." is pretty funny. Nice digs at Drew Rosenhaus. I'm hoping for a Jon Gruden reprise of "Tomorrow" on this year's championship weekend ad. BTW, of those who appeared on last year's ad, only Ben Roethlisberger has a shot at this year's Super Bowl. Gruden, Chad Johnson and Marvin Lewis were eliminated this weekend. Curtis Martin, Byron Leftwich and Daunte Culpepper were hurt this year. Roy Williams of Dallas didn't make the playoffs. Ephraim Salaam was actually released and re-signed by Jacksonville. Is that another jinx to worry about?

"Ted Ferguson, Bud Light Daredevil". These ads are so stupid, but they make me laugh each time I see one. "Put that on my review!"

I thought the Burger King (Browns free agent signee?) dumping Gatorade on Don Shula was funny.

Also, the Sony Low-Def ad was great in its simplicity, while promoting their new TVs. They recreated the Stanford-Cal game (you know, the one with the band on the field) with an old electric football game. They used the actual radio call, as well. Very unique.

I do not operate under the alias of Ryan Bennett. But I acknowledge that it was a very good question.

My educated guess is this news was not as big as this announcement.

Exercise Yard










Uh...Yup.

Today's NFL games went as I thought they would, with both road teams winning. The Giants really layed an egg at home. I like the Carolina coach, John Fox, a lot and don't underestimate that team against Chicago.










They're laughin' at us.

The Steelers looked awfully good today in the second game, adjusting well after the first quarter. Too bad about Carson Palmer getting hurt for the Bengals on the second play. It may have been a different outcome, but we'll never know. My credo: You can only play on emotion so far. The Bengals had it going early, then faded badly.

Visitor

None, it's an NFL playoff day.

No comments: