Saturday, January 07, 2006

Tried to go over to Johnny Mango last night, but they had a private party and were closed to the public for several hours. No El Diablo, por favor. Obviously, we headed over to the Fulton Bar and Grill and once again, the food was outstanding. Of course, hummus was there and we had the trio which was black bean, white bean and garlic. I had halibut with some really good cornbread stuffing with andouille. Also had some seared greens which were spinach. I forced myself to nibble at that, because I don't like spinach. I like the Fulton a lot and got affirmation from the busser on my intense dislike of Jenna Elfman.

Meal of Links

Went to see "Brokeback Mountain" today. While waiting for Gale to show up, this old guy nearby is also waiting for someone to show up, and he starts humming. I hate when randoms start whistling or humming. I start to focus on what he's humming. I'll be damned if it wasn't "You Are My Sunshine" over and over and over. I almost laughed out loud. Then I moved away. Far away. I mean it was "Brokeback Mountain". As for the movie, it was OK, at best. Honestly, I don't see it as an Oscar winner. I can see Heath Ledger getting a nomination, but it was kind of a slow starter. It's not matching the hype, if you ask me, and I think Hollywood might have an agenda here. I liked "King Kong" and "Transporter 2" (DVD this week, oh yeah!) infinitely more. One other quick queueing story, this old woman gets in line and says, "I was at "Munich" last week when the film broke. I only got to see 5 assassinations out of the scheduled 11." She was asked if she wanted to see "Munich" again. "Naw, that had too much killing in it." Hey, I laughed.

Ted Nugent wants to run for Governor of Michigan in 2010. Read his quotes, he seems competent.

I had to download the latest episode of "The Office" because Channel 3 or my DVR screwed up the last 15 minutes the other day. Process worked OK. It cost $1.99, but it's a legal download and I wanted to try it out.

Exercise Yard

Today's NFL playoff games were true to form. Big-time defense in the Bucs-Redskins game, as the Skins had only 120 yards of offense and somehow won the game. The Jaguars hung with the Patriots for a half and then got mauled in the 2nd half. Tomorrow's games hold promise. I think it's the Panthers and the Steelers winning on the road.

Visitor

51 Down: "Elf" actor (4 letters) Answer: Caan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ted gets my vote--------- JMK