Saturday, December 03, 2005

Went to Crazy Rita's in Lakewood last night. Walk in and who's playing? Why, it's Zoo Station, the local U2 cover band. They were pretty good, but the crowd was virtually ignoring them. I believe I heard the singer say after one song, which garnered zip reaction, "Are you frozen shut?" I must say, it was awfully cold outside. Very biting. And typically wintry.

Food there is pretty good. With a chip order, you can sample all of their salsas, which isn't a bad deal, because it prevents the chance of making a mistake by ordering something not so good. Lots of TVs, too. It's in the old Pickle Bill's on Detroit.

Meal of Links

While being absolutely bored in line at Giant Eagle, I counted at least five gossip rags that had Simpson and Lachey on their covers. All I got from their shows was he didn't have much talent and she was dumb.

I got to see "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" last night while drinking. Burgermeister Meisterburger is still a tough S.O.B., but that Winter Warlock sure melted easily, didn't he? And why a penguin as a henchman? He certainly can't carry anything. I'm surprised it debuted in 1970. I thought it was older.

I guess "Aeon Flux" is bad. But headline writers are having a field day: "Acid re "Flux", "future schlock", "Flux sucks"' "Empty-Headed Failure" and "exercise in stupidity". Wow.

Exercise Yard

I don't have anything sports related, so let's drop in on "Overheard in New York". At Least She Said, "Please"? reminds me of that time a guy flipped out at Quizno's because they kept asking the usual questions. His reply, "JUST THE SANDWICH."

Visitor

38 Down: 1985 A.L. home run champ Evans (7 letters) Answer: Darrell

No comments: