Thursday, December 01, 2005

I went to the Cleveland State game with my Dad last night. They claimed there were 1330 people in attendance, but with LeBron playing down the street, I don't think that was accurate. It was one of the worst games I've seen up close. Cleveland State had a stretch in the first half where they did not score for over 8 minutes (and yet only trailed by 4!), then followed that basket with another 2-minute stretch of silence.

Central Michigan had the worst offensive display imaginable. No inside game and a perimeter game that was horrid. Central attempted only 14 shots in the first half, because of double-digit turnovers. Then they shot 22% in the second half. Yikes.

Hey, I'm happy CSU beat a Division I team for a change. They won, 56-43. But the popcorn was awful and my pretzel lacked the basic qualities of what a pretzel should contain. Boy, I have a dilemma next week. Watching CSU-Albany or going to U2.

Meal of Links

The Top 50 Independent Films. There are some great ones on this list. Glad to see personal fave "Stranger Than Paradise" made it. The scenes capturing the quintessential Cleveland winter make you cold just by viewing them. "Reservoir Dogs" is a deserving Number One.

You can make environmentally responsible choices when it comes to buying fish or dining out. It is the "Seafood Wallet Card". And I knew grouper would be in the red. Damn.

Here is a guy who humps things. Enough said.

Exercise Yard

I cannot win with the sports teams I root for. The Boston Bruins have made me angry by trading Joe Thornton, their captain. They still haven't forgiven this guy for the Montreal playoff in 2004 and I'm not sure they wanted him back after the strike. They gave him a three-year deal instead of five, because in the end, it was easier to move him. They won tonight and for the sake of the front office, they better win more.

Visitor

16 Across: Actress Lindsay (5 letters) Answer: Lohan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a few of those movies on DVD
JMK