Thursday, December 08, 2005

I noticed the brewers of Iron City Beer (not a favorite of mine) filed for bankruptcy. They hadn't paid their water and sewer bills since 1996. I don't know how these companies, let alone individuals, can go that long without meeting their obligations. Obviously, I can see a few payments here and there, but nine years? Anmazing.

A couple of months ago, Marion Berry entered a plea of guilty of not paying taxes since 1999. Taxes! And he got re-elected last year. I guess it eventually catches up with you, but that's unbelievable.

Meal of Links

Another addictive game. This one is of the holiday variety. It's called Speedy Santa. My best was 9.716.

This "Rocky Guy" made me laugh. The weigh-in at the market is too much.

Christopher Robin becomes the new Roebuck. Replaced by a six-year old girl. "Pooh, promise you'll never forget me, ever." Maybe he turned 101.

Exercise Yard

The scoop on MLB's winter meetings. The Tribe gets Paul Byrd. Meh. Wickman comes back for his farewell tour and that's OK. We gotta get another bat.

Visitor

48 Across: He coached Kentucky to 876 victories (4 letters) Answer: Rupp

No comments: