Saturday, December 10, 2005

Ended up at the Old Angle last night. All of a sudden, we were transported back to a late 70's music festival. The sad fact is most of that music was terrible, but I knew lots of the words. Too many of the words, I'd say. I think the most godawful song had to be "You Make Me Feel Like Dancin'" by Leo Sayer. What a goof that guy was. I think he had a couple of other hits like "Long Tall Glasses" and "When I Need You", which I thought I had completely erased from my memory.

Now that I think of it, "Undercover Angel" was equally as bad. And I think that went to Number One. Ugh. I'd bet that Merv Griffin sang that on his show. Of course, after "On and On" for the 500th time.

Meal of Links

Killing time while waiting for U2 this evening, I went to see "Jesus is Magic", Sarah Silverman's movie. I really wasn't offended by anything she said, but I wish they had filmed only her stand-up act. The performance pieces they mixed in were a bit lacking, to be kind. The film was only 72 minutes long and had severe padding going on. But she is funny. Definitely a "wait for cable" effort.

The US is still alone when it comes to the Kyoto Protocol. Global warming aside, I've been really cold lately.

If you ever wondered about bunny suicides, here is your answer. Ingenious little creatures.

Exercise Yard

An excellent piece on the resignation of Gary Barnett, the Colorado football coach. If the previous administration had any backbone, he would have been out well before these last two losses.

Visitor

7 Down: His epitaph reads "That's all folks!" (8 letters) Answer: Mel Blanc

No comments: