Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I compiled the finishing touches on this year's Christmas CD, "The Whoville Mix". I think I've got some pretty good stuff on it. So, if you want to know I've been listening to lately, here it is:

Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town/Bruce Springsteen (gulp!)
Santa Lost a Ho/The Christmas Jug Band
Happy Xmas (War is Over)/The Alarm
Lonely Christmas Eve/Ben Folds
Let's Make a Baby King/New Grass Revival
Baby, It's Cold Outside/Carmen McRae and Sammy Davis,Jr.
Santa's Messin' With the Kid/Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer/Jack Johnson
Sock It To Me Santa/Bob Seger
Jingle Bells/Diana Krall
Must Be Santa/Brave Combo
Sleigh Ride/Los Straitjackets
Is Zat You, Santa Claus?/Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Toy Sack/Bob Rivers (Think "Love Shack")
Just Call Me Scrooge/Fishbone
Snoopy's Christmas/Smash Mouth
Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)/The Ramones
It's Christmas Time Again/Gridlock
Merry Merry Merry Frickin' Christmas/Frickin' A
Christmas Baby, Please Come Home/Jon Bon Jovi (double gulp!)
Fairytale of New York/The Pogues and Kristy MacColl
Christmas Is the Time to Say I Love You/SR-71
Twelve Days of Xmas/Relient K

I like them all, but that Pogues lyric, where Kristy sings "You're a bum, You're a punk.", and Shane replies with "You're an old slut on junk." really puts you in the holiday spirit.

Meal of Links









Greyhounds are cool.

It seems like the mentions of Pearl Harbor Day are less and less as more of the vets of the Big One die off. And that's a damn shame.

Ricky Gervais has a podcast on Guardian Unlimited. Give it a listen.

Exercise Yard

The Padres re-sign Trevor Hoffman. It might be Danny Baez coming back in a trade to solve the closer problem. Oops, I just found out Wickman signed up for one more year with the Indians. I gotta believe he told Shapiro that he was gonna give it a go for one more year and if the Tribe needed a longer commitment from someone else, he was cool with that.

Visitor

68 Across: Lott of Mississippi (5 letters) Answer: Trent

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you did not fall for the old con job.You had to know it was old fat boy all along.
Mr Negative

Anonymous said...

Just keep Casey Blake out of my line up!!!! I will then be able to save my finger nails for biting in the ninth inning when Wicky wicky Bob comes in.