Saturday, October 29, 2005

We are at Day 3 of having no water pressure in this war-torn city. The boys from Utilicon and the Dept. of Water have ignored my pleas. They are supposed to come into the house to perform something called a "blowback" procedure, which sounds cool. But I think someone shut a valve somewhere and this is getting old. Took a break last night to go down to Becky's, where the crab cakes were pretty good.













Our traditional family excursion to Thistledown had to be aborted this year, because they really didn't offer anything great, as far as the package this year. The pisser of it all is I'll probably have to bet the Breeder's Cup from home. In HD, of course. And I have to admit this year, I am wa-a-a-a-y behind in my handicapping. Here is what I slugged through pretty quickly as far as my bets:

Juvenile Fillies: Folklore (Lukas horse)
Juvenile: Sorcerer's Stone (Why not?)
Filly & Mare Turf: Wonder Again (Soft turf a big bonus)
Sprint: Lost In The Fog (Cannot see anyone beating him)
Mile: Leroidesanimaux (No idea what it means. Hopefully, it means "I win.")
Distaff: Stellar Jayne (I look for her to run away)
Turf: Gun Salute (The other Mott horse...at a price)
Classic: I'm trying Suave, but Borrego probably wins.

Keep in mind, these picks were made without the full-court press I usually do for this event.

Meal of Links

iPod clothes. And I thought dog apparel was insane.

It says "Libby, Libby, Libby on the label, label, label" of these indictments. "Scooter, you're doin' a heckuva job."

The Gateway Arch is now 40 years old. You have to go. At least once.

Exercise Yard

With the NBA season looming, 82games.com gives you a large amount of data.

Visitor

10 Down: "99 Luftballoons" pop group (4 letters) Answer: Nena (not ABBA)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Scene's classification for Becky's........."Best Bar to Hook Up With a Hot CSU Student" You were looking for some young love but ended up with crabs???? :-) PFS