Sunday, October 30, 2005

My water was restored yesterday. The explanation for not having any water pressure for three days was "You done weren't hooked up." Well, thanks Sherlock. But I got affirmation while I was cooking chili when he stopped in, because on the way out he said, "That smells go-o-o-o-d."

Anyhow, today was the semi or is it tri-annual meeting of the self-appointed "Single Losers Club". These are days where my uncle and his wife host the unmarried cousins of the clan, because we can't cook or something. Not really, but it does afford us the oppportunity to have a nice meal and let's face it, I don't have the chance to dunk vanilla wafers in pumpkin dip every day. And it afforded a nice distraction from the Browns-Texans game. Oh, I got to see that debacle, and man, we suck.

Meal of Links

Stallone says he'll do another Rambo. What's next? "Judge Dredd II"?

The buzzwords of the White House scandal. It was a beautiful Fitzmas day on Friday.

I know pennies and walnuts are cool, but would you consider handing out Play-Doh for Halloween? Seems like a rad giveaway, but would the rugrats hate you?

Exercise Yard

The Browns game was a tough game to swallow today. 325 yards resulted in only 16 points. Once again, terrible red zone performance, awful third down efficiency, bad punting (Richardson should be cut this week. A gesture to the rest of the team.), a couple of turnovers. We let Houston hang around in the game and it cost us. Defense gave up too many rushing yards up the gut in the second half, but played well enough for a win. The offense had 325 yards, we ran for 156 (a rarity and why did William Green become featured all of a sudden?), and didn't play that badly for a team that stinks. Except when it counted, especially inside the 20. And obviously, Dilfer must not take a sack with 1:03 left...just cannot do that. I guess we were right to be the underdog, as Vegas always knows. One of those games they'll watch afterward and say "How could we lose this one?".

Visitor

None. It was a nice, sunny Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you taunted me with that pumpkin dip!!! But my streak continues of never getting any leftovers. Now, even if I was offered, I would have to refuse on the basis of keeping my record in tact.