Tuesday, October 18, 2005

There must have been some sort of event at the Stadium this evening, because they were blasting the radio through the sound system. I happened to stroll by while "What's Love Got To Do With It?" was cranked. I decided Tina Turner looked a whole lot better than me shuffling around to that tune.

Speaking of tunes, here is what I have been wearing out lately:

"Five Foot One"/Iggy Pop
"Crash and Burn"/Transplants
"Teen Age Riot"/Sonic Youth (God, I ignored that band way too long)
"Take Me, I'm Yours"/Squeeze
"From a Whisper to a Scream"/Elvis Costello
"So Into You"/Les Paul & Peter Frampton (Yes, it's that song)
"All These Things That I've Done"/The Killers
"Damaged Goods"/Gang of Four
"Would I Lie to You?"/Eurhythmics
"Only"/Nine Inch Nails
"Sunshine Superman"/Donovan
"Thank You for Sending Me an Angel"/Talking Heads
"Soul Meets Body"/Death Cab For Cutie
"No Thugs in Our House"/XTC
"No More Mr. Nice Guy"/Alice Cooper
"Do You Want To?"/Franz Ferdinand
"Wacky Tobacky"/NRBQ
"I'll Sleep When I'm Dead"/Warren Zevon
"Here Comes Your Man"/Pixies

A final thought. Esquire has 59 things a man past 30 should not do. No. 11 is "Skip". That made me laugh.

Meal of Links

Hal Lebovitz died today. Terrific sports editor of the PD and News-Herald. A Baseball Hall of Famer, as well. "Never Cut A Boy" is probably the most famous of his columns.

I can't hold it anymore. My neighbor has had his Halloween lights up for three weeks now. I've decided I loathe Halloween lights as much as fireworks. And that's sayin' a lot. Look at these pathetic scenes of some random's house. It's Halloween, freak.

Here are the the best magazine covers of the last 40 years. Number 7 is an all-timer.

Exercise Yard

There has been lots of talk about the new NBA dress code. I must say that during last year's playoffs, all of the Pacers stood out in the post-game conferences because of the way they dressed. To the nines. Must have had something to do with the Basketball Jesus. And it provided a stark contrast to some of the other guys, like A.I., who I happen to like very much. But I don't feel the NBA should mandate it. I'm more concerned with on-the-court play.

Visitor

59 Down: Folk singer Phil (4 letters) Answer: Ochs (Link to Chicago 7 testimony. Very funny.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

two things Easter lights & AI is on the record by saying I've dressed this way for ten years .I'm not going to change now.Actually I agree with Stern .Although it is a game it is also a business so dress accordingly and show some respect. JMK