Thursday, October 20, 2005

It looks like another hurricane, Wilma, is about to strike Florida. I'm wondering what the government response will be. It seems FEMA and the Red Cross and others have to step it up on this one and make sure this effort runs more efficiently and quickly. Unfortunately for Gulf Coast residents, they'll be wondering why they didn't rate when Katrina came through.

I guarantee we will see many more updates from the government and many pictures of the relief effort. I am not sure how high the winds will be when it gets to Florida, but I heard this was a deeper storm than Gilbert, a biggie from the late 80's. It should weaken, but my goodness, this exercise is getting tiresome.

Meal of Links

The hippie lettuce may actually help you grow new brain cells. I guess those eggs in that pan are a little less scrambled, eh?

Tom Delay answered his charges today. I dislike the man, but I'm still not sure these charges are gonna hold up.

My show sucks. But it's all Martha's fault.

A real fan of the Basketball Jesus. Felon adds three years to his sentence to honor Larry Bird.

Exercise Yard

A look at the 100 Best Sports Books. List is a few years old, but Terry Pluto's "Loose Balls" gets a mention. Any book that features Marvin "Bad News" Barnes is a great one. My favorite Bad News story was the one where he refused to board an airplane. The plane was flying a short flight from the Eastern time zone to the Central. Therefore, the ETA was earlier than the ETD. The quote: "I ain't gettin' in no time machine."

Visitor

7 Down: Rod Stewart's ex (5 letters) Answer: Alana

No comments: