Saturday, October 22, 2005

Yesterday, I was at the Winking Lizard. (Huh? What?). Obviously not for the food, but to kill time. From the corner of my increasingly bad vision, I was able to detect bottles of Witte from the Ommegang Brewery near Cooperstown. In the last month, I have asked for this beer twice at two places in town. The first time, the lady said "Water?". Yesterday, the guy said, "Whitey?". No, mensas, it is Whi-ta. At $4.60 a pop, get it right.

Of course that led to another excursion to the Happy Dog, where I continued to not eat so much while drinking. Not a good move. Plus I switched to Old Grand-Dad, because I am a dang fool. The Chris Allen Band finally starts around 11:30 and they were pretty good, but I hit the wall in a big way having consumed only popcorn and some hummus all evening. Gee, couldn't see that hangover bearing down on me.

Today, I was out at O's at Cedar Center, because (everyone) it's all about the O. So that meant more beer.

Then it was over to see the movie, "Good Night and Good Luck". This is a terrific period piece, directed by George Clooney, about the battle between Edward R. Murrow and Senator Joe McCarthy. The look of the early 50's is amazing. The sets, wardrobe, technology are accurate. It's in black and white and is easily the smokiest piece of entertainment since a Denis Leary special. Man, I bet these people's pets smoked. The guy behind us said, "I'm getting cancer just watching this thing." This movie is definitely worth seeing, as it shows how some of the internal policies of CBS were paralleling the HUAC hearings.

Then it was over to Champps, where I successfully went off the menu (once again) to order a BLT. I guess I could have ordered a club and told them to hold the ham and turkey and add lettuce, but I didn't.

Meal of Links

Phil Spector made some comments after the Lana Clarkson shooting that implied he shot her. Not so fast, says his defense team.

Here are the biggest commuter cities in the US. Hey, we have elephants theat moved downtown because the circus is here.

What the Flock?

Exercise Yard

Didn't it look like Penn State was going to score, I dunno, 80 points in this game?

Visitor

49 Across: An ex of Artie and Frank (3 letters) Answer: Ava

No comments: