Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Les Paul is what, 108 years old or something. But I heard a terrific version of him playing guitar on "Fly Like An Eagle". Apparently, he taught Steve Miller how to play guitar and Steve returns the favor by doing vocals on this cut. I don't know if it's a new recording, but I heard it today for the first time and it sounded great.

Today was a day to catch up on all the comedies I missed the last few days. I believe the funniest line I heard from the 4 shows (and you know what they are) was from "My Name Is Earl".

Question at a garage sale: "How much is this Quit Smoking tape?"

Old man puts a cancer kazoo up to his throat and says: "45 cents."

Meal of Links

I really love the work of Johnny Cash. Seems like a no-brainer that the musical, "Ring of Fire", goes to Broadway.

I actually thought Laura Bush was going to appear on "Extreme Makeover". I mean, you glance at that headline and say WTF? Then you realize it's that weepy house show that I cannot watch.

"Here come those Santa Ana winds again."

Exercise Yard

Darren Rovell from ESPN cranks out consistently good stuff. Today he tackles Mark McGwire.

Tribe has to thank Toronto for not letting Boston get ahead of us. The White Sox magic number is 2. The weekend may be for the Wild Card.

Visitor

23 Across: Allen who played a toolman (3 letters) Answer: Tim

No comments: