Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I was Downtown this evening and saw the "Coleman for Governor" bus parked at 9th and Prospect. They had a sign where you could place your signature for support, but I didn't have a pen. Considering the Cleveland mayoral primary is one week away and all I've got so far is Del Donahoo polling me, assorted literature in the mail, and a glimpse of a truck with loudspeakers for Bill Patmon, I took it as a sign of encouragement that maybe the Dems are serious for governor this time.

I had to put on my Frosty Hat with our friends at Adelphia cable. It's the biggest Tribe game of the year and my cable was out. Damn them. So, we tried a couple of phone fixes. They didn't work. I had to make an appointment for a house call. Damn them. Then I discovered the cable leading from the TV to the cable box had fallen out. Uh...never mind.

Meal of Links

What is wrong with the world? Remember that courtroom fugitive who surrendered because his hostage talked about God to him? Seems that he wanted weed, she didn't have any, so she gave him meth. Then wrote a book about it.

The Getty Museum knew that it had acquired artifacts from plundered sites. That's not good.

In case, you didn't know, we're in the middle of a pennant race. Too bad, it's during "Banned Books Week".

Exercise Yard

The MLB Players Union offers up a 20-game supension for steroid use. Bud wants 50.

Visitor

15 Across: "Diana" singer (4 letters) Answer: Anka

No comments: