Saturday, August 13, 2005

This morning, the Browns crew was busily planting the verboten list of items you can bring in to the Stadium. I say planting, because that's where they put them, right in those anti-terrorist planters at the south gates. I think my favorites were: Animals, Confetti or Glitter, and Fireworks or Missile-like Devices. That means my bazooka-totin' glam dog, T. Rex, can't come to the game with me. The glitter/confetti thing is a surprise, because they are telling us, in not so many words, it's easier to clean up vomit than confetti or glitter.

Sometimes you see some odd vanity plates around town. Today's was "MR BOMB". Not sure how to react when you come upon a car like that. It was a Lincoln Town Car. He had a pinkie ring. Do you pull up next to him and say, "You're the bomb!"?

BTW, I paid ONLY $2.39 for gas today at the Yorktown Citgo.

Meal of Links

God bless Roger Ebert. Roger may have one foot in the grave, but damn, he can still write. His review of "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo" is the latest example of his genius.

Not sure what to make of only 6,000 people at Destiny's Child last night. I mean Beyonce is one of the most beautiful singers out there. So, what's the reason? Ticket prices were probably too high. I think 50 Cent is in town soon and that's selling well. I'd like to think fans saw the tour for what it is, a money grab, but you know that's not true. I think it's another example of the economy only able to support so many acts. Hence, the Stones skipping us for the first time in memory.

The Midwestern drought is rivalling 1988. Less corn, less soybeans...crunchier lawns.

Exercise Yard

It looks like T.O. is hellbent on destroying the Eagles. I don't think it'll happen. He'll be traded or "Keyshawned" and be active, but inactive. Besides, Chad Johnson is the guy you should watch.

Visitor

15 Across: "The Red House Mystery" author (7 letters) Answer: A.A. Milne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Destinys Child was flavor of the month a few years ago .Sadly ,like some of the others of their ilk,they are yesterday"s news