Monday, August 01, 2005

"Shut it down." Yes, it's the "Hell's Kitchen" finale. Chef Ramsay is great, yelling at folks, spewing the f-word all over, a great model for you youngsters watching at home. "Give me your jacket."

Tickets, I have tickets. My Browns ducats finally showed up today. That means I have to get in football mode. Two home games around the holidays this year...a great out for family functions, I'd say. BTW, I'm available for Thanksgiving this year.

I also got my CSU basketball ticket renewal. Of course, I'm in. Mindless entertainment while watching hoops cheaply. I love it. They had their first price increase since 1993. Of course, they have pretty much sucked since 1993, so you get what you pay for.

Meal of Links

CBGB's looks like it's finally on its last legs. As usual, it's the rent.

Once more, an unfortunate headline.

There is a vote for a tax levy for the Cleveland Public Schools tomorrow. Please wake up all the elderly within the city limits so they can vote. You know...for the kids.

Exercise Yard

"Never mind".









Rafael Palmeiro was suspended for steroids. There is something about waving your finger at the camera amidst a denial. "I did not have sex with that woman...Miss Lewinsky." Palmeiro is part of that Jose Canseco connection in Texas (under President Bush as owner, I might add) which includes Ivan Rodriguez and Juan Gonzalez. I find it interesting Jim Thome broke down this year, too. Oh, it was his bad back? You mean the same one he's had for years, but still played through? OK. I forgot, he's "country strong".

Visitor

20 Across: "Bonanza" brother (4 letters) Answer: Hoss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just mentioning the fact that out of all of the "alleged" juicers Rafi has yet to have one of those interesting body breakdowns.There is that Latino connection again
JMK