Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Today was not the typical 60-minute Cleveland power outage. It was the 150-minute variety! Right when I was about to load chicken wings into the oven. At least this time I had an iPod to go along with my candles to get through it. Power returned in time for "RockStar:INXS".

Tonight's version of the show was exponentially better than last week. Once again, it looks like the women will end up on the chopping block. I think people do not like Tara, Deanna or Jessica. I certainly don't, so one of them is gone. The standout tonight was Jordis who sang Bowie's "The Man Who Sold The World". The only woman I've heard sing this song before was Lulu, of all people. And her version was actually pretty good. But Jordis was outstanding. Best of the night.

Yeah, I feel bad for the Cleveland schools and the defeat of another tax levy, but they have to understand, we are tired of any tax at this point. It's unfortunate that it was their turn at bat. Only 42,000 voted, too. If they come back in November for another vote, they're idiots. Maybe a new mayor would help their image.

Meal of Links

Wisconsin wants to raise the speed limit to 75. Florida chimes in and says, "We don't need no stinkin' limit."

How to shop for groceries. I think I have the pen and paper steps down pat. After that...chaos. Especially with the changing of that local Giant Eagle floor plan. I looked for toothpaste for 10 minutes in there the other day. The week before, 10 minutes for chicken broth. I'm old and refuse to ask for help.

A bunch of household hints. Number 71, "How to freshen stale nuts" seemed a bit harsh. Oh, those nuts.

Exercise Yard

Looks like Rafael Palmeiro decided to take Ben Johnson's old favorite, Winstrol. So much for a flawed test.

Visitor

51 Across: "Spicy" Barbara Bain TV role (14 letters) Answer: Cinnamon Carter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should feel sorry for me because my property taxes are going up $50 a month. Meanwhile, the State can thumb its nose at the law and continue to ignore orders of the Supreme Court. And our No Child Left Behind President can chuckle and jive all the way to the ranch. I am disgusted. Again.

And Jordis was stunning. Best I've ever heard that song performed, including Bowie's version.