Monday, August 15, 2005

I haven't seen the replay of the Browns game yet, but I have come to understand that Bob Golic sucked as the Browns play-by-play man. Seems to me you could have had him do color commentary, but not play-by-play. One gem that was told to me, "Great tackle by that Giants guy." Uh-oh, that's pretty bad. Again, my standard for broadcasters is if I think I can do better, you probably have no business being on the air. Let's see if they get better next week. Rumor has it that Paul Warfield is in the booth as a guest this week. That would probably be a bad idea.

Meal of Links

Pete Doherty gets arrested again. But he got back in time to vomit on stage. Well done, Pete.

The saga of Fiona Apple's album continues. Kids ask, "Who's Fiona Apple?"

Bill Clinton decides to burn a CD of his favorite songs. But then he'll sell the copies.

Exercise Yard

Bob Wickman's replacement.

Visitor

40 Across: Gossipy Barrett (4 letters) Answer: Rona

No comments: