Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I did not have high hopes for the all-acoustic "Rockstar:INXS" this evening. I must say though, six of the eight songs were pretty good. I happen to be a fan of the Stones' "As Tears Go By", but J.D. really destroyed that song, I felt. And Deanna did a Bonnie Raitt song that was OK, but no great shakes. I think her or Jessucka hit the road this week.

The highlight for me this evening was buying soup at Giant Eagle. No lie, Progresso Classics were 8 for $10 and Tomato Basil was in season. I normally don't shop that close to 10 p.m., and now I know why. Lots of creepy people wandering about. My other coup was grabbing Ritz Bits with Cheese boxes with that 20% extra for free label on them. I'm sensing another batch of savory goodness arriving soon.

Meal of Links

A review of the White Stripes. It's getting closer.

P. Diddy takes a P...off his name.

The auction to have your name in a book is a really cool idea. Wouldn't you love to be killed off by Stephen King?

Exercise Yard

Diego Maradona has pulled himself off the mat and is now...a TV talk show host? This would be the US equivalent of Mike Tyson hosting a show.

Visitor

71 Across: Senator Sam of Watergate fame (5 letters) Answer: Ervin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clara Peller ---> Wendy's
Jared -----> Subway
Meyers ----> Angelo's Kielbasi, Pineapple, Canadian Bacon Pizza
Jeff ------> Mrs. Wages
Tingly Chin -----> Progresso
PFS