Saturday, July 16, 2005

While getting a haircut today, the discussion turned to heaven and would you want to be around when the horns start blowing. With my luck, I'd hear the horns, but miss where I was supposed to go, because the guy in front of me can't get his wallet out of his pants. I guess if you were living at the time of the second coming, you probably would have survived a lot in your day. But I tend to believe that heaven is something we cannot comprehend. I mean do you think you will look like yourself, and at what age? Will others recognize you? How's the bourbon stock? Are your pets there? I'm sure those things aren't important if you make it, but it would be kinda cool to get a glimpse before it happens. Assuming we're on the Up elevator.

A story that would have been fascinating if seen through to the end was the BALCO case. With the plea deals, we are left with having a good idea what happened, but not the whole story.

Meal of Links

While we are watching reality TV in the States (self included), it seems our Pakistani friends may be selling nuclear technology to our Saudi friends. Perhaps an "oil for nukes" deal. OK, America, roll over and go back to sleep.









The Parents Television Council heard naughty words on Live 8. Yes, the Who's "CSI Song" on ABC wasn't censored. Laughably, I might add. I mean, how could the button guy not know? Others heard to be swearing around the world, oddly enough, included Snoop Dogg and Madonna.

Is the video iPod becoming closer to reality? Cringely explains. Gots to gets me one when it happens.

Exercise Yard











If you are gonna watch one stage of the Tour de France, tomorrow is probably the day. Big hills. Nutbags lining the path. Lance. It's in the game.

Visitor

40 Down: "WKRP in Cincinnati" news director Les _______ (7 letters) Answer: Nessman

No comments: