Sunday, July 17, 2005

What have we seen or heard lately? Tiger Woods won the British Open. (Where's Phil?) But the Nike commercial with Tiger as a kid is really cute. Speaking of golf, Lance's caddy, George Hincapie, won today's stage at the Tour.

Lee Iacocca is in a new ad for Chrysler. Will kids rush out and buy cars because Lee is on the ads? Apparently Chrysler ignores demographics and is going for really old old-timers. Hell, I buy Olivio and I hadn't seen Iacocca in years.

The same night I saw that ad for Chrysler, I saw Cheryl Ladd telling women to call your doctor about "women stuff". That's not the scary part. Her obvious surgery makes her look like Jaclyn Smith. I'm not kidding, she must have talked to her doctor saying, "I want to look like her."

New Music: I am really getting into The Transplants currently. Omigod, they are at Tower City on Thursday. Whoops, that's the Warped Tour and I don't have Thursday off.

Meal of Links

It's catch up time. For those who have not seen much of "Arrested Development", Fox has a marathon on a couple of upcoming Fridays. Consider this an excellent opportunity to get up to speed.

Crap. Sandra Bullock got married.

Governors are meeting in Iowa this weekend. That means that Election 2008 is already starting.

Exercise Yard

I'm curious to see the Hopkins-Taylor fight. Taylor has had the hype for a while and one would think that at his age, Hopkins is done. Been a changing of the guard in boxing lately, as big names, including Tyson, Tszyu and now Hopkins may be history.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: