Monday, July 18, 2005

I laugh every time I get on I-71 North at Fulton. There is a house selling "hamacas". I like hammocks. I don't own a hammock. But I wonder about the folks driving around saying, "Hamacas? What a great idea! Marge, pull over."

You cannot help but get emotional as the House completed the roll call of the fallen soldiers in Iraq this evening. This was the third and final roll over the last two weeks. With Iraq now in the middle of a Civil War (yeah, it's that bad), the number of coalition dead is now 1768 US, 93 UK, and 101 other. That's 1962 people no longer with us and for what?

They closed with the FDR quote that gets me every time I hear it:

"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live - in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men and women."

Meal of Links

The National Truck Driving Championships roar into Tampa next month. I don't see my favorite category, "Turn Signal On, Automatic Entry Into Your Lane" listed.

Our President says, "I didn't say I would fire a leaker. I said I would fire someone who committed a crime." What's next, it depends on if the crime is a felony or a misdemeanor?

Jude Law boinked his nanny. Forgive me for not caring.

Exercise Yard

Larry Brown leaves the Pistons. I love the guy, but he is the most angst-ridden coach I've ever seen. Fairly obvious that he'll eventually go to New York. That situation stinks, but Brown is a fantastic coach and maybe he can make something happen there. My initial thought is it'll be the demise of both him and Isiah Thomas.

Visitor

11 Down: First Tarzan portrayer (11 letters) Answer: Elmo Lincoln

No comments: