Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Last night. I babysat. Adults. In a bar. Pizza. Beer. On the house. I'm Uncle Buck.

In the latest episode of "Rockstar:INXS", the boys in our band, INXS, were pretty critical of "the rockers". Some might say, "Finally!" By far, it was the most uneven of all the episodes, as I bet half the songs were flawed.

I admit I'm myopic when it comes to my fave, the sultry Daphna Dove. What can I say. She makes my boy parts move and I'd like to commit an intermezzo with her. Having said that, her version of "Rock The Casbah" was shit. And her tribute to "Bride of Frankenstein" was odd. She wore something that resembled...a tent? Not flattering. And with black gloves to boot. She's (cue Paris) hot and needs to flaunt it. It's rock and roll, baby. One of the Farris brothers told her, "You really murdered that song." Ouch. The thing that may save her is there were others that were equally sucky and there might be more hatred for some others. Tara and J.D. come to mind.

What have we learned, thus far?

This show could air easily only once or twice a week.

The band member that is the most serious is the ever-skeptical Garry Gary Beers. No question, he is the voice of reason when it comes to band matters.

I'm not sure what "pitchy" means.

Too much love by the contestants early on. I think it's getting more cutthroat.

The audience and our band, INXS, have done a great job at weeding out the dregs.

I envision a tour that will have some/most/all of the losers singing one song with the House Band as the opening act for INXS and their new singer. Probably not in venues like the Gund, but more like the Bart. Regardless, I'll go.

The leaders in the clubhouse: Ty for the men, Jordis for the ladies.

After watching tonight's episode (what the hell time does this come on anyhow, I am so confused), our band, INXS, pulled a Mark Burnett special by offing two contestants, instead of the usual one. One of which was...Daphna! Crap. Hey, baby, I'll give you what you need.

"Don't cry for me, Dave Navarro."

Meal of Links

What's up with NASA? Well, it ain't the future of the shuttle program. Maybe they announced it while one was up there for rating purposes.

The world has ended. Segways overtaking golf carts.

Are people that upset with "Dancing With The Stars"? Daphna and I will be performing Groucho Marx moves on next year's show.

Exercise Yard

Larry Brown joins the Knicks as head coach. Wow, if he turns that bunch around, he's an even greater coach than I thought. Let's see how he handles Marbury.

Visitor

69 Across: Singing cowboy Tex (6 letters) Answer: Ritter

1 comment:

lila said...

Of all the BAD performances of the night--Daphna was no where near the worse.

The "Twist", was crap and just turned this show that seemed to have promise (it was like a free rock show)into another of MarkB's slimey 'reality/game'shows.

The "Twist" should have been INXS over ruling the viewers and placing JD with the bottom dwellers, for not singing all of his song and murdering what he did sing.