Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Today's reckless driving incident occurred on West 25th between Denison and 71-North right in front of me. Clown was very upset with the guy in front of him while going southbound. So said idiot decides to pass in the northbound lane into oncoming traffic. I thought for sure he was gonna get hit, but he didn't. After passing, he then bolts into the Wendy's through the exit, goes around the building, then heads back to 25th via a side street to make a left turn and end up BEHIND the guy he just passed. Yeah, I let this guy go well ahead of me. He eventually turned onto Broadview while cutting some more people off.

BTW, the Soap Opera Laundry on 25th now has free drys and the custom-built accordion place looks like it's still in business. I wonder if I could play the accordion while lying in my new hamaca.

Meal of Links

Tomorrow is "Ride to Work Day". So, hop on your motorcycle and ride to work and then go down to Valley View afterward. (Thanks, Drew.)

If you're bored, take a gander at the SI Swimsuit Collection. BTW, I saw Elle Macpherson in the new "Vanity Fair" and she's still got it. My my my.

John Roberts is the choice to replace Sandra Day O'Connor on the Supreme Court. Seems like the tougher nominations will come later. I think he's confirmed.

Exercise Yard

The Indians traded Jody Gerut to the Cubs for Jason Dubois. Gerut is no Hall-of-Famer, but he is a good defender and his selectivity at the plate is much better, as his BB/SO ratio is the highest of his career. Unfortunately, his bat seems to have lost some pop. If it were me, I probably would have given Gerut til the end of this year before making that decision, because of his injuries. Dubois is a butcher in the field, which makes him the right-handed DH now. I'd be surprised if we would trust him with a glove. We'll hear about his potential from the front office though. It just seems to me, if he was that good at age 26, he would have made it by now. This smacks of Karim Garcia/Ryan Ludwick/(fill in your favorite over-hyped castoff from other organizations here).

Visitor

40 Across: Rocker Axl (4 letters) Answer: Rose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and do not forget the batting average.how much will it cost us with guys on base. .236 ay yi yi.we already have those sticks in the lineup JMK

Anonymous said...

Agree..... Would've given Gerut an off season to build up his strength or bat speed and re-evaluate at spring training. PFS