Saturday, June 04, 2005

Wrapping up a few loose ends:

Attending a combination birthday party this evening. It's always a mystery when the line "no gifts are necessary" is used. I mean, what if you are the only one who doesn't bring anything? However, the line "open bar" is also being employed, so mystery is solved.

Hey, we didn't flush a Koran at Gitmo, we peed on it. And we kicked one and stepped on another. Outside of that, we're great hosts.

Failed to mention the small drink at your local Regal Beagle Cinema is now 32 ounces. The medium, I kid you not, is 44 ounces. They will kill us one day, I'm sure of it. BTW, does anyone Fandango?

Remember I was having trouble with my On Demand channels? Don't know how to explain this, but I...uh...er...took the novel approach of rebooting the box and the channels came back. I am a clown.

The fight I have been waiting for, happens tonight. My feeling is if there is one fight that has all the elements of portraying an atmosphere that boxing should have, it'll be at the Tszyu/Hatton bout this evening from Manchester. I have to keep reminding myself this is on Showtime.


Meal of Links

The T.Rex known as Bob is really a chick. A Lou Reed fan, as well.

"Lucky Lindy, up in the sky. Lucky Lindy, oh what a guy." Lucky Lindy had a bunch of kids with women who were not his wife. Lucky Lindy could have been in the NBA. I read the Lindbergh biography a while back, did my book not have these chapters?

The Cleveland is a hit on the coast. Sadly, I can't remember the last time I saw them.

Exercise Yard

A nice read on the architecture of Dodger Stadium. Now they need a team like the old Dodgers playing there.

Visitor

62 Across: 1967-68 NHL Rookie of the Year Derek (9 letters) Answer: Sanderson

No comments: