Tuesday, June 07, 2005

When it is this warm, I hate to turn on the oven, but it gives me the opportunity to make one of my favorites. Time to dress up tuna.



Uh, not like that. But here's what you do. Take 2 cans of albacore tuna and drain. Find stuff you have layin' around to chop like celery, onions, banana peppers, jalapeno. Chop and toss 'em in. Throw in 2 teaspoons each of relish, Stadium Mustard, mayo (ahem, Hellmann's) and horseradish. Splash in pepper and hot sauce and mix up well and you are done. Take a whole wheat tortilla, heat it up and load some of that stuff in there. Instant cheap-ass wrappy thingy that tastes yummy.

Meal of Links

The city finally announced where the traffic cameras are going up. I can't tell you how pissed off I am about this list. First of all, I thought the cameras were being erected to find those who were running red lights. We find out today they are for finding speeders, as well. Spank my ass and call me Charlie, when did that become the raison d'etre of these cameras?

The list contains not one downtown traffic signal. Not one! And none in Tremont either. Clearly, the city has decided they do not want to deal with a bunch of angry suburbanites who get ticketed on their one visit to the city or those who work downtown every day. Is our mayor insane?

I could name several spots where these cameras would do the trick. Because I've sped through them. Look at the list. Most of the cameras are being constructed in places where residents would most likely pay their fines. I have two placed relatively close to me and those in this area would get mad, shrug their shoulders and pay. In neighborhoods where the citizens would most likely ignore the tickets, West 25th for example, they haven't placed a single camera. Come on! We need this mayor out of here ASAP.

Why not place a camera above the Lorain-Carnegie bridge and ticket everyone there? Hell, I usually go 55 on that bridge. I'm not even sure what the speed limit is there and certainly no one heeds it. Unhappy...unhappy...very, very, very, very, very, very, very unhappy. (Oddly, I just found out Anne Bancroft died.)

It's safe to say the James Dean Festival was a bust. They expected 100,000 and got only (gulp!) 6,000.

It's been nothing but bad news lately for the NYC Olympic bid. I believe we could chart the downhill slide since Tana of "The Apprentice" became involved.

Exercise Yard

It's become obvious that Ross Verba of the Browns is a punk. Really strange negotiating tactics, because he'll be lucky to get more than the veteran's minimum at this late of a date.

Visitor

4 Down: "Little Women" author (6 letters) Answer: Alcott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the sh!t I put in my garden to kill slugs...............
PS