Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I went to see "Batman Begins" at Crocker Park. It was my first visit since they fixed up the Regal Cinemas there and I must say, a most impressive job. There is a section of the theaters in the old building and six theatres across the street in another section where you take an escalator up a level to a covered walkway to enter those theatres. The bladder-stretching sizes of sodas remain as well as ripoff popcorn prices. The hand dryers in the bathrooms sound and perform like jet engines. I am not kidding. If Madonna dried her pits with these machines in "Desperately Seeking Susan", she'd be a satellite right now.

The movie itself was terrific. Christian Bale was a great choice as Batman. Subtle humor throughout and sufficiently dark, I mean he is the "Dark Knight". Bale had some reminders of his old Patrick Bateman character from "American Psycho". I didn't read too much about the movie before I saw it, so I had no idea who was in the cast. I mean there was Liam Neeson, and then Michael Caine, then Rutger Hauer. Omigod, there's Morgan Freeman. Katie Holmes is in it, too. Mmmm, haven't seen much of her lately. My favorite line was after giving the new Batmobile a test drive, he asks Morgan Freeman, "Does it come in black?" Should be a blockbuster.

Saw a preview for some odd Jamie Foxx movie with Sam Shepard. Has Sam qualified for the military pension yet? He's in the military again in this one.

Meal of Links

Thought I would mention Terri Schiavo had half a brain and was blind, according to the autopsy. I'll wait for the apologies from the fundies.

Good friends help you live longer.

Most days, everyone could use a good yes man. Here he is.

Exercise Yard

Asafa Powell broke the world record for 100 meters the other day. It shows how out of whack it was when Ben Johnson ran a 9.79 in 1988! Powell ran a 9.77 in 2005, bettering another tainted mark of Tim Montgomery at 9.78.

Visitor

4 Down: NHL Hall of Famer Stan (6 letters) Answer: Mikita

No comments: