Thursday, May 05, 2005

Today is Cinco de Mayo and, once again, it is not Mexican Independence Day. This is the first year I can recall a beer company, Corona, actually advertising for Cinco de Mayo. Guinness does a great job with its St, Pat's ads, so they decided to join the club. I'm heading over to Don Ramon's later for some grub along with some cervezas.

I guess there are some angry people out there regarding Kellen Winslow's accident. I'm actually kind of ambivalent about the whole thing. Yes, he did a stupid thing and I hope he recovers. On the other hand, Randy Lerner will probably not pay him his full bonus that is due, but I think he'll give him something. I probably would have stronger feelings about the whole thing, if Winslow had some semblance of a career. So far, he hasn't, so I don't get a sense that we've missed out on greatness, because we have not seen it displayed. Hopefully, he gets healthy, and we'll see what he can do next year. We may have to add him to the line of first round disasters we've had. Of course, I have my doubts about 35 mph and wearing a helmet, but who wouldn't say that, given the circumstances.

Meal of Links

Tony Blair wins a third term. Still waiting for Ohio returns.

The folks at Archie McPhee with a sizzling product. Bacon Strips Band-Aids.

Lil' Kim acts like Marvin Gaye and doesn't pay her employees.

Exercise Yard

Captain Cheeseburger loses to the Twins. Matt Underwood actually stuck up for an umpire during an argument with trailer park denizen, Ron Gardenhire. I like Gardenhire because of his "hillbilly bullshit" line three years ago and the fact he appears to have come to the ballyard to manage the Twins straight from his trailer, while wearing his uniform. BTW, J.D. sucked again.

Visitor

24 Down: Agassi's wife (4 letters) Answer: Graf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe CC should corral his dislike for the Twins and use that as an advantage against the rest of the league.By the way his hatred means jack if the Tribini's are 15-20 games out by the end of May
Mr Negative