Wednesday, May 04, 2005

.

I have been watching Pat O'Brien being grilled by Dr. Phil. I'm still trying to figure out how this program got the OK. O'Brien admits he's not a celebrity, although if you've seen him over the years, he certainly appears to be a wannabe. But this particular program allows Phil to come up with gems like, "I listen to those tapes and I must say, what were you thinking?". "A little bit of cocaine is like being a little bit pregnant." So clever. And I'm not sure I believe O'Brien either, but what the hell. It's sweeps week and they're using me.

Salon has a nice take. (Get a site pass.)

BTW, that captured Number 3 al-Qaeda guy's picture today was disturbing. No wonder they couldn't find him.

Meal of Links

Loews Theatres decides to publish actual movie start times in their listings. I confess, I like to get to the local bijou early, so I'm not that offended by commercials. But they've definitely increased the amount you see over the last couple of years. I like when the ads are produced specifically for the theatres, instead of rehashing ones from the telly.

Production of "Chappelle's Show" is suspended, bitch. Almost as much secrecy as Evel Winslow's injuries. Winslow might not be a soldier, dude.

Guy finally talks after 10 years in a coma-like state. First words: "This soup is cold."

Exercise Yard

Formula One is threatening to ban BAR-Honda for the year for cheating, with the use of an illegal fuel tank. NASCAR used to always wink and nod at cheating, but they've upped some penalties this year. It's the post-steroid culture, all leagues want to be on the up-and-up.

Visitor

6 Down: "Tequila Sunrise" director Robert (5 letters) Answer: Towne

No comments: