Thursday, May 26, 2005

One of the guilty pleasures of XM Radio is hearing songs you do not hear very often. As I'm coming home today, what shows up but "President Am I" by Slow Children. I'm not sure what it is, but I love that record. It's so 80's to me and you rarely hear it. I believe my brother may have that on vinyl. I think it has a yellow cover. You know, like that Yaz album.

BTW, my neighbors are asking $153,500 for their house. I am not sure they'll get close to that. I've never been inside, so I don't know what's going on in there. Seems high, but you never know.

I just saw a teaser for tonight's Fox 8 News. It went something like this:

"We have the Constantine blooper you'll want to see again and again. What makes Paris Hilton a "Hamburger Hottie". And how did this 86-year old end up behind bars with a pizza delivery that went awry."

Trust me, I like that crap as much as anyone, but not on my newscasts!

A brief look into what is really important finds:

The French may vote down the EU Constitution referendum on Sunday.

180,000 have died of violence, disease and hunger in Darfur since February 2003.

Egyptians have a choice in their presidential elections.

Hezbollah says, "We've got missiles."

And they wonder why the world hates us.

Meal of Links

Within the past week, I asked the question, "Whatever happened to Garth Brooks? He came up from his low places and asked Tricia Yearwood to marry him. I used to like her, now I'm not so sure.

Sir Bob is planning another concert. But it's not Live Aid II. Hey, The Spice Girls are involved. I guess I really, really want to watch.

Here is "Spaghetti Legs 2005" with the winning save yesterday for Liverpool.



Exercise Yard

Once Eric Wedge got wind of this website, the Indians have won more games. They haven't necessarily played better, but the close games have gone their way lately.

Visitor

21 Across: Banks known for hitting (5 letters) Answer: Ernie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes i do have that on vinyl.pal shazar does the vocals.scary isn't it?