Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I had to stop off at the local Giant Eagle after work for some sundries. Every person in line at the express checkout had some sort of alcohol as one of their 8 items or less. Except for me, as my halo shone brightly.

For those keeping score, my On Demand channels on Adelphia have not been working for the last 10 days. But I'm getting ESPN U soon. Also LOGO, the gay channel. Two more channels I'll pass over.

Meal of Links

I'm surprised the death of Ernest T. Bass did not get more play. Hard to believe, he appeared in only five episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show". "How do you do, Mrs. Wiley."

Jeff Gordon sings "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at Wrigley (bottom right under Left Field). Kind of. He called it Wrigley "Stadium" and the crowd booed him mercilessly.

"Skunk" Baxter goes to Washington. "Where did you get those shoes?"

Exercise Yard

I witnessed one of the wildest soccer matches I've seen. It was the Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan in Istanbul, not Constantinople. Milan was winning 3-0 at halftime. At that level, coming back from three goals down is unheard of, but somehow Liverpool did it in the space of about 7 minutes and at the 60-minute mark, it was even. Liverpool then won on penalties. Not sure about the antics (antics, I say!) by the Liverpool keeper during the kicks, but he made the big save that won it. Hysteria descends on Liverpool. No one works tomorrow.



Visitor

9 Across: Designer Wang (4 letters) Answer: Vera

No comments: